Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Conversation Hearts

There are a lot of parts of me that want to have arrived. To walk through the front door and put slippers on my feet and make a snack in the kitchen.
Then there are parts that are still longing for a departure. To ride down the street, backpack on, making it home before nightfall.
I can't say why there are so many parts of me that are still blanketed with insecurities. All empirical evidence aside, I should be a perfectly well-adjusted, emotionally stable Caucasian female.
And, for the most part, for more than the most part, I am!
So why do I catch myself feeling sorry in the worst ways for my current condition? Why is "love" worth waiting around for? Why do I have to have a 5 and 10 year plan in the next 6 months or else?!

1 comment:

pearl said...

This reminds me of Sy Sanfransky from The Sun. Do you ever read that magazine? It's very good.

Your letter came today, so sweet to receive. Thank you. I'm excited for our pen-palling this spring.

And will pray for your patient heart.