Thursday, June 18, 2015

Like the Fox

I want to write about how lousy this week has been and how my throat has been so sore that I can barely speak above a whisper and how it was so hot in the apartment last night that I started sweating immediately after my shower, and fuck, I live in the valley now (kind of).

But then I see this quote on someone's Instagram (sorry, I should have read it in a book) and get rearranged AGAIN:

Be like the fox
who makes more tracks than necessary,
some in the wrong direction.
Practice resurrection.

-WB

The 'manifesto' goes on to say some pretty strange things like, every day do something that won’t compute and  Love someone who does not deserve it and Be joyful though you have considered all the facts.

But back to the fox.

Can I be the fox?  Am I already the fox?  Are we all foxes at some points in life?  I like to think so.  If you could look at a map of where I've (we've) been I'm sure it would be covered in tracks, probably most in the wrong direction.  I guess this doesn't necessarily have to be bad.

Regardless of what you hold most dear, resurrection is typically a rejuvenating thing, right?

No comments: