Sunday, June 10, 2007

the kindest hands that have ever touched my bones

Well, I have risen from ashes and been called clean
I`ve been sprinkled with the water that purified me
And I kissed my baby, slept in the morning; till time came to take her from me
And if I was honest with myself I just can`t forgive these witches and vampires and women that hurt me
Raising the question, it must be a decision; nail my bitter to the wall
'Cause it`s a new day and I want to be livin` a new day with You
'Cause it`s a new day, that I have been given; a new day with You.
Stronger men than me, they have retired, punched clean out of this life
And in way, I don`t blame them, they`ve seen more than I have
When their angels close their eyes
And it`s true what they say, she can only meet them, somewhere just past halfway.
And it`s there I`ll be waiting, by that old woodshed, You nailed my bitter to the wall
'Cause it`s a new day, and I want to be livin`; a new day with You
It`s a new name that I have been given, a new name by You
'Cause it`s a new day, and I want to be livin`; a new day with You
'Cause it`s a new day, that I have been given; a new day with You

No comments: