Friday, October 12, 2007

Fridays are good for loafing.

Lord, I know not what to ask of You.
You alone know what my true needs are.
You love me more than I myself know how to love.
Help me to see my real needs, which may be hidden from me.
I dare not ask for either a cross or a consolation.
I can only wait upon You; my heart is open to You.
Visit and help me in Your steadfast love.
Strike me and heal me; cast me down and raise me up.
I worship in silence Your holy will.
I offer myself to You as a living sacrifice.
I put all my trust in You.
I have no other desire than to fulfill your will.
Teach me to Pray. Pray Yourself in me.
Amen.
-Metropolitan of Philaret of Moscow

3 comments:

Jenelle said...

I was surprised to find that you did not write this.

Pray yourself in us. Amen.

pearl said...

I would like that, too.

Perhaps if I can come with you on November 4th? But before would be nice too, if you'd like:)

Heart.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are leaving me comments these days. ;) I heart r.k. I agree that fridays are good for loafing. It's the only day I feel a little closer to my oat-filled bread products.
Ciao ragazza,
-a